Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles A K-band central disc surface brightness correlation with scalelength for early-type disc galaxies, and the inclination correction
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/25779
|Download PDF (Author's final draft) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- A K-band central disc surface brightness correlation with scalelength for early-type disc galaxies, and the inclination correction
- Graham, Alister W.
- The K-band light profiles from two statistically complete, diameter-limited samples of disc galaxies have been simultaneously modelled with a seeing-convolved Sérsic r1/n bulge and a seeing-convolved exponential disc. This has enabled an accurate separation of the bulge and disc light, and hence an estimate of the central disc surface brightness.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 326, no. 2 (Sep 2001), pp. 543-552
- Publication year
- FOR Code(s)
- 0201 Astronomical and Space Sciences
- Dust; Fundamental parameters of galaxies; Galaxy photometry; Galaxy structure; Infrared; Spiral galaxies
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2001 Royal Astronomical Society. The accepted manuscript of this paper is reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. The definitive publication is available at www.interscience.wiley.com.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed