Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/26083
- An evolutionary algorithm with a genetic encoding scheme
- Copland, Howard; Hendtlass, Tim
- This paper explores a variant of an evolutionary algorithm which has no explicit parameter representation, but rather represents parameters across a common ldquogenetic stringrdquo in a manner much more akin to the storage of genetic information in DNA. Results for several common test functions are given, and compared with the performances for a standard evolutionary algorithm.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering. Centre for Intelligent Systems
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science : Methodology and Tools in Knowledge-Based Systems : Proceedings 11th International Conference on Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems (IEA-98-AIE), Benicassim, Castellon, Spain, 01-04 June 1998, Vol. 1415, p. 632-639
- Publication year
- Algorithms; Computer science; Deoxyribonucleic acid; DNA; Genetic string; Genotype; Phenotype
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Springer.
- Peer reviewed