Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Graphics calculators, sports statistics and the Internet : a powerful combination to motivate students
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/26130
- Graphics calculators, sports statistics and the Internet : a powerful combination to motivate students
- Clarke, Stephen R.; Brown, R.
- There is now a large amount of real world data available from the internet that is suitable for analysis with graphics calculators which are powerful statistical tools. This paper looks at some sporting data that could be used to create student interest in statistical methods.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Mathematics : exploring all angles : Proceedings 35th Annual Conference of the Mathematical Association of Victoria, 03-04 December 1998, p. 97-102
- Publication year
- Athletics; Data analysis; Football; Graphics calculators; Secondary school mathematics; Statistical analysis; Student interests
- Mathematical Association of Victoria
- Publisher URL
- Peer reviewed