Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/30119
- Synthesis of high refractive index composites for photonic applications
- Wu, Shuhui; Zhou, Guangyong; Gu, Min
- Composites with enhanced refractive index have been synthesised through a sol–gel process. A refractive index of approximately 1.70 has been achieved at a concentration of 75 wt% TiO2. The refractive index increases with the concentration of TiO2. The influence of the concentration of TiO2 on the mechanical properties has been studied. The potential application of these materials in photonics area has been demonstrated by fabricating multi-layer spherical voids in them through a femtosecond laser-driven micro-explosion method.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Centre for Micro-Photonics
- Optical Materials, Vol. 29, no. 12 (Aug 2007), p. 1793-1797
- Publication year
- Composites; High refractive index; Micro-fabrication; Photonic materials
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2006 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer reviewed