Add to My Folder
Permanent link: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/30168
- Parallel algorithms for molecular dynamics with induction forces
Sadus, Richard J.
- We examine parallel algorithms for molecular dynamics simulations involving long-range induction interactions. The algorithms are tested by performing molecular dynamics simulations of water with an intermolecular potential that explicitly includes contributions from pair, three-body and induction interactions. Both cyclic and balanced force decomposition methods are implemented to decompose the parallelizable components of induction, pair and three-body interactions using a message passing interface. We report that more than 90% of the induction calculation, and 98% of the total calculation can be effectively parallelized. A reasonably good speedup of 15.7 times and an efficiency of 49.1% are obtained on 32 processors with the balance force decomposition algorithm.
- Publication Type
- Journal article
- Research Centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies. Centre for Molecular Simulation
- Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 178, no. 5 (2008), p. 384-392
- Publication Year
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Peer Reviewed