Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/32811
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Spectral sensitivity of LSP parameters and their transformed coefficients
- Vu, Hai Le; Lois, László
- In this paper, the optimal transformation and quantization of Line Spectrum Pair (LSP) are accomplished. Based upon the interframe and intraframe correlation properties of the LSPs, the Karhunen-Loeve (KL) transformation is adopted by Principal Component Analysis (PCA) neural network. The spectral sensitivity of the LSP and transformed coefficients are investigated in order to develop better scalar and vector quantizers for these coefficients. Using PCA network with spectral sensitivity guided quantizers we show that this new approach leads to as good as or better distortion compared to other methods for speech coding.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings 5th European Conference on Speech Communication and Technology (EUROSPEECH '97), Rhodes, Greece, 22-25 September 1997, p. 1251-1254
- Publication year
- Karhunen-Loeve transformation; KL; Line spectrum pair; LSP; PCA; Principal component analysis; Speech coding
- International Speech Communication Association
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1997 International Speech Communication Association. Paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed