Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/32827
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- The waiting time distribution for a TDMA model with a finite buffer
- Neuts, Marcel F.; Guo, Jun; Zukerman, Moshe; Vu, Hai Le
- We obtain detailed analytic formulas for the density and probability distribution of the waiting time in a TDMA model with a finite buffer. On successive intervals of length equal to the duration of a slot, the density is expressed as (infinite) linear combinations of beta densities with positive coefficients. A recursive scheme, obtained by a matrix-analytic derivation, allows for the highly efficient computations of the coefficient sequences.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM), San Francisco, California, United States, 30 March-03 April 2003, Vol. 1, p. 177-185
- Publication year
- Buffer storage; Computational methods; Finite buffers; Global system for mobile communications; Matrix algebra; TDMA; Time division multiple access
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed