Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Blocking probabilities of optical burst switching networks based on reduced load fixed point approximations
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/32832
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Blocking probabilities of optical burst switching networks based on reduced load fixed point approximations
- Rosberg, Zvi; Vu, Hai Le; Zukerman, Moshe; White, Jolyon
- This paper provides a framework for analysis and performance evaluation of Optical Burst Switching (OBS) networks. In particular, a new reduced load fixed point approximation model to evaluate blocking probabilities in OBS networks is introduced. The model is versatile enough to cover known OBS reservation policies such as Just-Enough-Time (JET), Just-In-Time (JIT), Burst Segmentation and Route-dependent Priorities. The accuracy of the model is confirmed by simulation and the various policies are compared.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings 22nd Annual Joint Conference on the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM), San Francisco, California, United States, 30 March-03 April 2003, Vol. 3, p. 2008-2018
- Publication year
- Burst segmentation; Computer simulation; JET; JIT; Just-enough-time; Just in time production; OBS; Optical burst switching; Probability; Route-dependent priorities; Switching
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2003 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed