Home List of Titles The waiting time distribution for a TDMA model with a finite buffer and state-dependent service
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/32849
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- The waiting time distribution for a TDMA model with a finite buffer and state-dependent service
- Neuts, Marcel F.; Guo, Jun; Zukerman, Moshe; Vu, Hai Le
- We obtain detailed analytic formulas for the density and probability distribution of the waiting time in a time-division multiple-access (TDMA) model with a finite buffer and state-dependent service. On successive intervals of length equal to the duration of a slot, the density is expressed as a linear combination of beta densities with positive coefficients. A recursive scheme, obtained by a matrix-analytic derivation, allows for the highly efficient computations of the coefficient sequences. An expression for the mean waiting time is derived using the classical queueing formula L=λW. We also demonstrate that our methodology provides a concise treatment of various special cases that have been studied over the past half century.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 53, no. 9 (Sep 2005), p. 1522-1533
- Publication year
- Algorithms; Finite buffer; Markov processes; Mathematical models; Matrix algebra; Probability distributions; Quality of service; Queueing model; State-dependent service; TDMA; Time division multiple access; Waiting time distribution
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2005 IEEE. Paper reproduced here in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from the IEEE.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed