Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Cities in transition: changing economic and technological processes and Australia's settlement system
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/33987
|Download PDF (39 pages) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 293 KB)|
- Cities in transition: changing economic and technological processes and Australia's settlement system
- Newton, Peter W.; Brotchie, John F.; Gipps, Peter G.
- 'Cities in transition: changing economic and technological processes and Australia's settlement system' was prepared for the Human Settlements Reference Group. It examines the technological and economic forces which are impacting upon Australia's settlement system, and in particular on its major cities. The paper places the current societal transition in an historical context and then examines the changing urban hierarchy within Australia and considers intra-metropolitan restructuring. The paper identifies a major turnaround in the concentration of manufacturing versus information (producer services) industries.
- Publication type
- Australia: State of the Environment technical paper series; Human settlements
- Publication year
- Australia; Cities; Economics; Forecasting; Technological innovations; Towns; Urban ecology
- Environment Australia
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Commonwealth of Australia 1997.
- Full text