Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/817
- Hyperfine structure of odd-parity levels in 91Zr I
- Bouazza, Safa; Gough, David S.; Hannaford, Peter; Wilson, M.
- Hyperfine structures have been investigated for odd-parity 4d25s5p and 4d35p levels for six 91Zr I transitions in the spectral range 458–549 nm using Doppler-free saturated absorption spectroscopy in a sputtered vapour. The measured hyperfine structure constants, A and B, together with results of previous studies were analysed by means of a parametric method. The interpretation was based on refined multiconfigurational fine structure calculations, which include the main Rydberg series configuration states. The analysis suggests a drastic revision of the composition of the 4d5s25p configuration levels. The main one-electron hyperfine structure parameters for the lowest configuration, i.e. 4d25s5p, are determined to be a10 5s = −2672(61) MHz, a01 4d = −115.8(3.4) MHz, a01 5p = −127.4(3.7) MHz, b02 4d = −93.5(2.8) MHz and b02 5p = −139.9(5.1) MHz. These values are in excellent agreement with ab initio calculations, justifying our choice of the perturbing configuration states.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
- Journal of Physics B : atomic, molecular and optical physics, Vol. 33, no. 12 (June 2000), pp. 2355-2365
- Publication year
- IOP Publishing
- pp. 2355-2365
- Publisher URL
- Journal of Physics B : atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 IOP Publishing Ltd.