Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/34039
|Download PDF (Published version) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, 519 KB)|
- Sunbelt-rustbelt revisited: the case of South East Queensland
- Birrell, Bob; Newman, Peter; Newton, Peter W.
- An analysis of economic trends, income levels and welfare dependency rates in South-east Queensland indicates that the rapid population growth occurring in the region has not yet translated into levels of affluence or competitive industries comparable with Melbourne and Sydney.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- People and Place, Vol. 3, no. 4 (1995), p. 53-61
- Publication year
- Area studies; Economic development; Housing; Income support; Industry; Melbourne; Population growth; Population movement; South East Queensland; Sydney
- Monash University Press
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1995 Monash University and the authors. Published version of this paper reproduced with the kind permission of the publisher.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed