Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The teamwork behaviour scale : development and application in a service organisation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/35263
- The teamwork behaviour scale : development and application in a service organisation
- Langan-Fox, Janice; Code, Sharon L.; Robins, Garry; Neilson, I.
- This paper describes the development and application of a new teamwork measure, the Teamwork Behaviour Scale (TBS). The TBS was developed in collaboration with actual teams in a service organisation, giving it strong ecological validity. The data set included responses to the TBS from two sets of respondents within the same organisation. Both samples involved teamwork issues, albeit in different contexts---Industrial Participation training groups (103 respondents) and work groups (68 respondents). Work group respondents completed a range of task characteristics and group process measures. Significant differences were found on the total TBS score as a function of planning, frequency of interaction with manager, and previous work group experiences. The TBS demonstrates good reliability (.89), and correlates significantly with other team related-constructs such as communication openness (r = .67) indicating reasonable convergent validity. An exploratory principal components analysis suggests that the TBS measures four factors of teamwork: performance, cohesion, communication, and agreement and involvement. Further validatory work needs be conducted in organisations where teams are involved with the new scale.
- Publication type
- Conference abstract
- Paper presented at the 3rd Australian Industrial and Organisational Psychology Conference, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 26-27 June 1999, p. 58
- Publication year
- Industrial psychology; Measures; Organisational behaviour; Organisational psychology; Teams; Teamwork Behaviour Scale; TBS
- Australian Psychological Society
- Publisher URL