Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/36539
- Funding public broadcasters to do ... what?
- Simons, Margaret
- Crunch day is arriving for the ABC and SBS. During the next three months the public broadcasters will be compiling and lodging their triennial funding submissions with Minister for Communications Stephen Conroy. The government’s response will determine whether public broadcasting has a bright future in Australia, or whether it is always going to be a needy relation, scrabbling for cash and trying to do more with less until the question 'why do we need it' gains dangerous force. [Introduction]
- Publication type
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- Creative Economy Online, 06 August 2008
- Publication year
- ABC; Australia; Australian Broadcasting Corporation; Broadcasting; Communications policy; Creative Commons; Federal government; Government funding; Media; Rudd Government; SBS; Special Broadcasting Services
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Creative Industries and Innovation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Margaret Simons.