Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/36913
- Australia urged to learn from NZ guest workers' scheme
- Sharp, Rob; Maclellan, Nic
- New Zealand has already implemented a guest workers' scheme, allowing in thousands of people from the Pacific and parts of Asia. In doing so, it's experienced a number of problems for employers and employees who have taken part in the scheme.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- 'Connect Asia', presented by Rob Sharp, 24 June 2008
- Publication year
- Australia; Case studies; Fruit picking; Government policy; Horticulture industry; Labour schemes; Labour shortages; Migrant labour; New Zealand; NZ; Pacific Island nations; Pacific Islanders; Recruitment; Seasonal employment; Seasonal workers programs; Skill shortages; Social welfare
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Radio Australia program 'Connect Asia' on 24 June 2008. Presenter: Rob Sharp.