Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/36919
- NZ warns of Pacific workers scheme risks
- Colvin, Mark; Glanville, Brigid; Lewis, Geoff; Maclellan, Nic; Silcock, Peter
- New Zealand farmers are warning the Australian Government and growers to take it slowly, as they embark on the new Pacific Islander workers program. New Zealand has been running a similar program for the last four years. There are currently 120 farmers involved in that country, but there have been a number of social and cultural problems.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- 'PM', presented by Mark Colvin, 18 August 2008
- Publication year
- Case studies; Government policy; Horticulture industry; Labour schemes; Labour shortages; Migrant labour; New Zealand; NZ; Pacific Islanders; Recruitment; Seasonal employment; Seasonal workers programs; Skill shortages; Social welfare
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Local Radio program 'PM' on 18 August 2008. Reporter: Brigid Glanville.