Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/36989
- Victorian Liberal party continues to probe blog crisis
- Kelly, Fran; Baillieu, Ted; Kemp, David; Costar, Brian
- It seems the fortunes of the Australian Liberal party at state level is going from bad to worse. This time, in Victoria, a party campaign manager was forced to resign over anti-Semitic remarks, while Victoria's opposition leader, Ted Baillieu, was subjected to an internet smear campaign instigated by staffers at party headquarters. A blogging campaign by at least two Liberal party staff accused Mr Baillieu of being everything from a communist to a moron. While the pair have been sacked, some party insiders believe some senior Liberals could be implicated in the scandal.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- 'Breakfast', presented by Fran Kelly, 15 May 2008
- Publication year
- Australia; Australian Liberal Party; Blogging; Opposition; Scandal; State government; Victoria
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Radio National program 'Breakfast' on 15 May 2008. Presented by Fran Kelly.