Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/36991
- Gippsland the musical
- Colvin, Mark; Caldwell, Alison; Nelson, Brendan; McCubbin, Darren; Costar, Brian
- The Opposition Leader has condemned a Labor candidate in the Victorian seat of Gippsland for promoting what he describes as 'a sexually explicit musical'. Labor has already virtually written itself off as a contender in next month's Gippsland by-election, which was brought on by the retirement of the former coalition minister Peter McGauran. Labor's Darren McCubbin was a co-director of an arts festival last year, which featured a risque cabaret act called 'The Beautiful Losers'. Dr Brendan Nelson said today that the play would offend most Australians and challenged the Prime Minister to back his candidate.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- 'PM', presented by Mark Colvin, 26 May 2008
- Publication year
- ALP; Australian Labor Party; By-elections; Conservatism; Elections; Gippsland; Politics; State government; Victoria
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Local Radio program 'PM' on 26 May 2008. Reporter: Alison Caldwell.