Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/37013
- The other infrastructure crisis
- Barclay, Paul; Clark, Sue; McShane, Ian
- The speed with which the Rudd Government has moved to tackle the complex problems of transport and communications capacity points to the significance of infrastructure networks for the economic health of the country. Infrastructure is one of the ten discussion points at the forthcoming Australia 2020 summit. But there is another infrastructure crisis that has received much less publicity---the long-term neglect of local community facilities.
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Life and Social Sciences. Institute for Social Research
- 'Perspective', presented by Paul Barclay and Sue Clark, 01 April 2008
- Publication year
- Asset management; Australia; Civic engagement; Community facilities; Development; Local government; Maintenance; Public-private partnerships
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Radio National program 'Perspective' on 01 April 2008. Produced by Sue Clark.