Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/37390
- A kernel-based algorithm for multilevel drawing Web graphs
- Huang, Xiaodi; Lai, Wei; Zhang, Di; Huang, Maolin; Nguyen, Quang V.
- A Web graph refers to the graph that models the hyperlink relations between Web pages in the WWW, where a node represents a URL and an edge indicates a link between two URLs. A Web graph is normally a very huge graph. In the course of users' Web exploration, only part of the Web graph is displayed on the screen each time according to a user's current navigation focus. In this paper, we make use of a fast kernel-based algorithm that is able to cluster large graphs. The algorithm is implemented in an online visualization system of Web graphs. In the system, a Web crawler first generates the Web graph of web sites. The clustering algorithm then reduces the visual complexities of the large graph. In particular, it groups a set of highly connected nodes and their edges into a clustered graph with abstract nodes and edges. The experiments have demonstrated that the employed algorithm is able to cluster graphs.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
- Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualisation: New Advances (CGIV 07), Bangkok, Thailand, 14-17 August 2007, pp. 454-459
- Publication year
- Clustering; Filtering; Graph visualization; Web graph
- 9780769529288, 0769529283
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2007 IEEE.
- Peer reviewed