Search Swinburne Research Bank
This object has not yet been indexed by the background indexing service.
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/879
- Astro concepts : learning underlying physics principles in conceptual astronomy
- Mazzolini, Margaret; Halls, Bronwyn
- Astro Concepts is a project within Swinburne University of Technology developing browser-based software modules on Optical Telescopes, Nebulae and Binary Stars. The modules are designed to enhance students' understanding of basic physics concepts, which underlie introductory-level conceptual astronomy courses. When complete, the Astro Concepts modules will be available for use in university courses in introductory astronomy, introductory physics teaching, secondary teaching and online astronomy education. The strategy outlined here is to obtain a reasonable level of understanding of the necessary physics concepts by presenting them embedded in relevant and interesting astronomy contexts, and by the use of an engaging educational approach requiring active learning by the student.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia, Vol. 17, no. 2 (2000), pp. 1-5
- Publication year
- CSIRO Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 Astronomical Society of Australia.