Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/880
- Assessment techniques in an online astronomy course
- Mazzolini, Margaret
- Teaching an astronomy course online involves many challenges. One major challenge is the design of appropriate, practical and challenging forms of assessment which focus both on the astronomy content of the course and on the particular astronomy interests of the enrollees. This paper will discuss the assessment approaches we have chosen for our introductory-level subjects, the outcomes obtained and the reactions of the course participants. In particular, some of the wide variety of project work undertaken by the participants will be described.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. School of Biophysical Sciences and Electrical Engineering
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia, Vol. 17, no. 2 (2000), pp. 1-7
- Publication year
- Astronomy; Teaching; Education
- CSIRO Publishing
- Publisher URL
- © 2000 Astronomical Society of Australia.
- Peer reviewed