Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/39686
- The business of universities in business and industry
- Toncich, Dario J.
- Over the past few decades, universities around the world have endeavoured to establish themselves as 'business friendly', 'business oriented' and, above all, as 'businesses' in their own right. In more recent years, this has led them to become international, transnational, multinational, intersectoral, multilingual, multicultural and, after the advent of the Internet, virtual. Amidst the smoke and mirrors of the university marketing campaigns, however, there is an argument to be made that universities have lost significant credibility with both business and society in general.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Profiles in Industrial Research: Knowledge and Innovation 2002, St Kilda, Victoria, Australia, 15-19 July 2002, pp. 2-4
- Publication year
- Businesses; Colleges; Marketing; Universities
- Industrial Research Institute Swinburne, Swinburne University of Technology
- Publisher URL