Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/40482
- Financial crisis eating into retirement nest eggs
- Colvin, Mark; Kirk, Alexandra; Taylor, Philip; Dutton, Peter
- The global financial crisis is eating into many people's retirement nest eggs. So much so that older Australians are now being advised to work for longer or return to the workforce to supplement their diminished retirement incomes. For some years, people have been urged to delay their retirement to help address the skills shortage and the country's budget bottom line. But is the Government prepared for the looming challenge?
- Publication type
- Media interview
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Business and Enterprise. Business, Work and Ageing Centre for Research
- 'PM', presented by Mark Colvin, 08 October 2008
- Publication year
- Australia; Government policy; Income; Labour market; Planning; Retirement; Superannuation
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2008 Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
- Additional information
- Podcast of an interview that aired on the ABC Local Radio program 'PM' on 08 October 2008. Reporter: Alexandra Kirk.