Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Intermolecular interactions in methane, carbon tetrafluoride and sulphur hexafluoride
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41128
- Intermolecular interactions in methane, carbon tetrafluoride and sulphur hexafluoride
- Snook, Ian K.; Spurling, Thomas H.
- Spherically averaged potential energies of interaction between pairs of methane, carbon tetrafluoride and sulphur hexafluoride molecules have been determined as closely as possible using experimental gaseous viscosity data. Experimental second virial coefficients have then been used to estimate values of the first non zero multipole moment of these molecules. Third virial coefficients calculated with allowance for the triple dipole dispersion interaction agree well with experiment as do calculated self diffusion coefficients for methane.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions 2: Molecular and Chemical Physics, Vol. 68 (1972), pp. 1359-1366
- Publication year
- Carbon tetrafluoride; Methane; Molecules; Sulphur hexafluoride
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Peer reviewed