Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Symmetry adapted perturbation theory of intermolecular potentials: the helium-helium interaction
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41120
- Symmetry adapted perturbation theory of intermolecular potentials: the helium-helium interaction
- Snook, Ian K.; Spurling, Thomas H.
- The use of symmetry adapted perturbation theory to calculate intermolecular potentials in the important intermediate region is explored. A scheme is suggested which gives both the correct long range limit and the correct wavefunction symmetry order by order. A discussion of the accuracies of first order energies determined from approximate wavefunctions is given together with an approximate treatment of the second order energy. Finally, the overall potential obtained from this scheme for He2 is shown to be in good agreement with recent semi-empirical and variationally determined potentials.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions 2: Molecular and Chemical Physics, Vol. 71 (1975), pp. 852-861
- Publication year
- Chemical physics; Perturbation theory; Physical chemistry
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Publisher URL
- Peer reviewed