Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Kinetic simulation of polymerization involving termination by reversible chain transfer
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41115
- Kinetic simulation of polymerization involving termination by reversible chain transfer
- Johnson, Charles H. J.; Moad, Graeme; Solomon, David H.; Spurling, Thomas H.
- Numerical integration has been used as a means of simulating the title polymerization so that the variation of molecular weight and molecular weight distribution with reaction time (conversion) can be evaluated. The time/conversion dependence of the polydispersity (R) has been evaluated as a function of the relative magnitude of the rate constants associated with the initiation/termination equilibria . It is shown that the short term behaviour of R and the rate of approach to the value (R = 4/3) predicted by the steady state treatment have a marked dependence on the choice of rate constants.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Australian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 39, no. 12 (1986), pp. 1943-1950
- Publication year
- Molecules; Polymerisation
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © CSIRO 1986.
- Peer reviewed