Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Influences of the initiation and termination reactions on the molecular weight distribution and compositional heterogeneity of functional copolymers: an application of Monte Carlo simulation
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41132
- Influences of the initiation and termination reactions on the molecular weight distribution and compositional heterogeneity of functional copolymers: an application of Monte Carlo simulation
- Galbraith, M. Neil; Moad, Graeme; Solomon, David H.; Spurling, Thomas H.
- Monte Carlo simulations have been used to predict the molecular weight, molecular weight distribution, and composition of copolymers. The method is particularly suited to the simulation of copolymerizations carried out in the presence of chain-transfer agents (e.g., thiols). Calculations have been performed to show that selectivity shown in the initiation and termination reactions can have a dramatic influence on the composition and molecular weight distribution of cooligomers and copolymers.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Macromolecules, Vol. 20, no. 3 (May 1987), pp. 675-679
- Publication year
- Chemistry; Copolymers; Macromolecules; Monte Carlo simulations
- American Chemical Society
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1987 American Chemical Society.
- Peer reviewed