Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Modelling of elastic constants of plasma spray deposits with spheroid-shaped voids
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41649
- Modelling of elastic constants of plasma spray deposits with spheroid-shaped voids
- Leigh, Sang Ha; Lee, Gyu Chang; Berndt, Christopher C.
- The five independent elastic constants of plasma spray deposits were calculated from constitutive equations and the microstructural information (void aspect ratios and porosity) were gained from stereological analysis. The voids within the deposit were assumed to be a spheroidal shape. The structure of the deposit was considered to be transversely isotropic with respect to the spray direction, which requires five independent elastic constants of a stiffness tensor. Solid mechanics models containing spheroid-shape voids were applied to obtain the five independent elastic constants of the deposits. The calculated elastic constants were compared to the experimentally determined values.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Thermal spray: meeting the challenges of the 21st century: proceedings of the 15th International Thermal Spray Conference, Nice, France, 25-29 May, 1998 / Christian Coddet (ed.), Vol. 1, pp. 587-592
- Publication year
- Aspect ratio; Elastic moduli; Mathematical models; Microstructure; Plasma spraying; Porosity; Porous materials; Spheroid-shaped voids; Stereological analysis; Stiffness matrix; Strain; Stress analysis; Tensors; Thermal spray deposits
- ASM International
- 9780871706591, 0871706598
- Peer reviewed