Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles Modelling of elastic constants of plasma spray deposits with ellipsoid-shaped voids
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41721
- Modelling of elastic constants of plasma spray deposits with ellipsoid-shaped voids
- Leigh, Sang Ha; Berndt, C. C.
- The five independent elastic constants of plasma spray deposits were calculated from constitutive equations and microstructural information (void aspect ratios and porosity) was gained from stereological analysis. The voids within the deposit were assumed to be ellipsoidal in shape. The structure of the deposit was considered to be transversely isotropic with respect to the spray direction, which requires five independent elastic constants of a stiffness tensor. Solid mechanics models containing ellipsoid-shaped voids were applied to obtain the five independent elastic constants of the deposits. The calculated elastic constants were compared to the experimentally determined values.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Acta Materialia, Vol. 47, no. 5 (Mar 1999), pp. 1575-1586
- Publication year
- Aspect ratio; Elastic moduli; Mathematical models; Microstructure; Plasma spray deposits; Plasma spraying; Porosity; Sprayed coatings; Stereological analysis; Stiffness; Tensors
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 1999 Acta Metallurgica Inc.
- Peer reviewed