Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41722
- Deformation characteristics of plasma sprayed thermal barrier coatings
- Kucuk, Ahmet; Berndt, C. C.; Senturk, Ufuk; Lima, Rogerio S.; Lima, C. R. C.
- Yttria stabilized zirconia was atmospherically plasma sprayed using various processes parameters including top and bond coat thickness, substrate temperature and spray distance. Coatings were tested using a four point bend arrangement coupled with an in situ acoustic emission detector. Bending yield strength and modulus were calculated from the load displacement out put of the bend test and compared to the acoustic emission response of each sample. The influence of processing parameters on mechanical properties and cracking characteristics of the coatings is discussed.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Ceramic engineering and science proceedings: 24th Annual Conference on Composites, Advanced Ceramics, Materials, and Structures B / Todd Jessen and Ersan Ustundag (eds.), Vol. 21, pp. 681-689
- Publication year
- Acoustic devices; Acoustic emission detector; Acoustic emissions; Bending yield strength; Chemical cracking; Deformation; Elastic moduli; Four point bend; Load displacement; Materials testing; Plasma spraying; Protective coatings; Substrates; Temperature; Thermal barrier coatings; Yield stress; YSZ; Yttria stabilized zirconia; Yttrium compounds; Zirconia
- American Ceramic Society
- 0196-6219 (series ISSN)
- 9780470375693, 0470375698
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 The American Ceramic Society.
- Peer reviewed