Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The effect of HFPD thermally sprayed WC-Co coatings on the fatigue behavior and deformation of Al 2024-T4
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41711
- The effect of HFPD thermally sprayed WC-Co coatings on the fatigue behavior and deformation of Al 2024-T4
- Ibrahim, A.; Berndt, C. C.
- The effect of high frequency pulse detonation (HFPD) and HVOF thermally sprayed WC-Co coatings on the high cycle fatigue (HCF) behavior of 2024-T4 aluminum was investigated. The fatigue life distributions of specimens in the polished and coated conditions are presented as a function of the probability of failure. The monotonic and cyclic deformation behaviors of the as-received and as-coated specimens were investigated. The conclusions show that, (i) the HFPD sprayed specimens exhibited slightly higher fatigue lives compared to the uncoated specimens, (ii) the HVOF sprayed specimens exhibited significantly higher fatigue lives compared to the uncoated specimens, and (iii) the as-coated specimen was cyclically stable.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 1st International Thermal Spray Conference, 'Thermal spray surface engineering via applied research', Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 09-11 May 2000 / Christopher C. Berndt (ed.), pp. 1297-1301
- Publication year
- Aluminum; Coatings; Cobalt; Compressive stress; Cracks; Deformation; Fatigue of materials; Fracture; Hardening; HCF; HFPD; High cycle fatigue; High frequency pulse detonation; Polishing; Probability; Spraying
- ASM International
- 9780871706805, 0871706806
- Peer reviewed