Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41733
- The origins of thermal spray literature
- Berndt, C. C.
- The technology of thermal spray will reach its centenary anniversary in the first decade of the 21st century. It is appropriate to summarize the early literature of the 1900's and present, for posterity, several of the key publications upon which this vital technology rests. This article is broken up into three sections; (i) a summary of early US and UK patent literature is presented in tabular format along with a brief commentary; (ii) several articles (prior to 1915) and books (prior to 1970) from the early literature are mentioned; and (iii) three Appendices reproduce those patents which are indicated as "Master Patents" for thermal spray and which spear-headed its art and science. This article is intended to guide the interested reader towards primary sources of literature upon which present thermal spray science and engineering is based.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Proceedings of the 2nd International Thermal Spray Conference, 'Thermal spray 2001: new surfaces for a new millennium', Singapore, 28-30 May 2001 / Christopher C. Berndt, Khiam A. Khor and Erich F. Lugscheider (eds.), pp. 1351-1360
- Publication year
- Aerospace engineering; Coatings; Electric conductivity; Gels; Kinetic energy; Materials science; Metallic coatings; Patents and inventions; Spraying; Thermal spraying; Thin films
- ASM International
- 9780871707376, 0871707373