Home List of Titles Dynamic mechanical thermal properties of a new metal/polymer composite for fused deposition modelling process
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/41796
- Dynamic mechanical thermal properties of a new metal/polymer composite for fused deposition modelling process
- Song, Wei Q.; Masood, Syed H.
- This paper introduces an entirely new metal based composite material for direct rapid tooling application using Fused Deposition Modelling rapid prototyping system with desired mechanical and thermal properties and characteristics. The paper specifically describes the results of the dynamic mechanical thermal analysis (DMTA) of this new metal/polymer composite material, consisting of iron particles in nylon type matrix, for use in FDM process and with the aim of application to direct rapid tooling for injection moulding. The work represents a major development in the direction of direct rapid tooling for reducing the cost and time in tooling manufacture for injection moulding.
- Publication type
- Conference paper
- Research centre
- Swinburne University of Technology. Faculty of Engineering and Industrial Sciences. Industrial Research Institute Swinburne
- Materials Science Forum: Proceedings of the 6th Pacific Rim International Conference on Advanced Materials and Processing (PRICM 6) / Young Won Chang, Nack J. Kim anc Chong Soo Lee (eds.), Vol. 561-565, pp. 795-798
- Publication year
- Deposition; Dynamic mechanical analysis; Elementary particles; Fused deposition modeling; Iron; Mathematical models; Metal/polymer composites; Polymer composites; Polymer matrix composites; Rapid prototyping; Tooling
- Trans Tech Publications
- 0255-5476 (series ISSN)
- 9780878494620, 0878494626
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © (2007) Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Peer reviewed