Home List of Titles A catalogue of damped Lyman alpha absorption systems and radio flux densities of the background quasars
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/42986
- A catalogue of damped Lyman alpha absorption systems and radio flux densities of the background quasars
- Curran, Stephen J.; Webb, J. K.; Murphy, M. T.; Bandiera, Rino; Corbelli, Edvige; Flambaum, Victor V.
- We present a catalogue of the 322 damped Lyman alpha absorbers taken from the literature. All damped Lyman alpha absorbers are included, with no selection on redshift or quasar magnitude. Of these, 123 are candidates and await confirmation using high resolution spectroscopy. For all 322 objects we catalogue the radio properties of the background quasars, where known. Around 60 quasars have radio flux densities above 0.1 Jy and approximately half of these have optical magnitudes brighter than V = 18. This compilation should prove useful in several areas of extragalactic/cosmological research.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia, Vol. 19, no. 4 (2002), pp. 455-474
- Publication year
- Catalogues; Centimeter absorption; Compact steep-spectrum; Early universe; Fine-structure constant; Galaxies; High-redshift quasars; Hubble-space-telescope; Limit absorption; Line key project; Ly-alpha; NRAO PMN surveys; Optically selected quasars; Quasars absorption lines; Radio continuum
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © Astronomical Society of Australia 2002.
- Peer reviewed