Search Swinburne Research Bank
Home List of Titles The crystal and molecular structure of triamminetriaquocobalt(III) perchlorate, [Co(NH3)3(H2O)3](ClO4)3: a highly disordered structure
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/43176
- The crystal and molecular structure of triamminetriaquocobalt(III) perchlorate, [Co(NH3)3(H2O)3](ClO4)3: a highly disordered structure
- Brennan, T. F.; Davies, G. C.; Garafalo, Alfred R.; Gardner, A. P.
- The structure of triamminetriaquocobalt(III) perchlorate has been determined by the Patterson method. It crystallizes in the cubic space group Pm3 with a unit cell dimengon of a = 11.213(2)Å. The structure was refined to final weighted and unweighted R factors of 0.062 and 0.082, respectively. The two independent cobalt centers were found to exhibit different degrees of disorder. One center appears to have a meridional distribution of ligands while it is not possible to determine whether the distribution about the second cobalt center is meridional or facial. The three independent perchlorate groups are also disordered.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Research centre
- Swinburne College of Technology. Chemistry Department
- Inorganica Chimica Acta, Vol. 30, no. C (1978), pp. 97-101
- Publication year
- Cobalt; Patterson method
- Copyright © Elsevier 1978.
- Peer reviewed