Search Swinburne Research Bank
Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/43393
|Download PDF (Accepted manuscript) (Adobe Acrobat PDF, -1 bytes)|
- Catalogue of candidate emission-line objects in the small magellanic cloud
- Murphy, M. T.; Bessell, Michael S.
- Hα and [O iii] narrow-band, wide-field (7×7 deg2), CCD images of the Small Magellanic Cloud were compared, and a catalogue of candidate planetary nebulae and Hα emission-line stars was compiled. The catalogue contains 131 planetary nebulae candidates, 23 of which are already known to be or are probable planetary nebulae or very low excitation objects. Also, 218 emission-line candidates have been identified, with 113 already known. Our catalogue therefore provides a useful supplement to those of Meyssonnier & Azzopardi and Sanduleak, MacConnell & Davis Phillip. Further observations are required to confirm the identity of the unknown objects.
- Publication type
- Journal article
- Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 311, no. 4 (Feb 2000), pp. 741-747
- Publication year
- Astrometry; Catalogues; Magellanic Clouds; Observational methods; Planetary nebulae; Stars
- Wiley-Blackwell Publishing
- Publisher URL
- Copyright © 2000 Royal Astronomical Society. The accepted manuscript is reproduced in accordance with the copyright policy of the publisher. The definitive publication is available at www.interscience.wiley.com.
- Full text
- Peer reviewed